Reading Like a Writer: Does any particular image run throughout the essay?
The whole essay follows the same pattern all the way true. The writer N. Scott Momaday includes translated poems from native Americans in his piece. He talks about the main story, then has as a short introduction of the poem. He is going to write about the poem itself and then also about the poem it self. The poems don't have a great meaning and his description of the American nature is good but could be much better. I can tell that he tried to give a strong feeling of the tradition but I don't really get that feeling.
Personally the whole piece wasn't very easy to read for me and the poems didn't touch me really deep maybe because the translation wasn't the best. I guess the original poems have much more meaning because I think the native American culture has a really strong background. But I also know that this is not easy to do but can be done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment