Monday, May 24, 2010

Blood Dazzler by Patricia Smith (second half)

Choose one of Smith's poems--one that stood out to you--and write an imitation poem based on one of your own experiences within a specific environment or place.

I chose the BACK HOME poem (page 65) because its the one that stood out to me the most.
And thats the my interpretation poem to it.

The upper floors (attic)

I opened the door. Dust all over.
All over the old table, the broken chairs
and even on the little windows.
In the darker parts are some mousetraps.
But nothing is in them probably because we got a cat some month ago.
I am looking for and old book that I but in a box but there are so many boxes.
Which one was it again?
Oh maybe the really dust one in the way back.
I think sometimes that I should just spend a Saturday afternoon
and clean the whole attic.

1 comment:

  1. I thought he made a great connection with Smith's writing. Making his writing and the poem that he choose very similiar.

    ReplyDelete